Wednesday, April 24, 2013

VCM on my mind

I signed up for the Vermont City Marathon last Sunday. I had been putting off signing up because a) it's expensive and I'm poor, and b) I'm not in as good shape as I'd like to be. But my brother's running it, and I wanted to go to Burlington that weekend anyway, and nothing tortures me like watching other people run when I'm not running. So I signed up! And now I'm excited, and little bit nervous, but mostly excited. The longest long run I've done at this point is 16 miles, so this weekend I'm planning to do an 18 miler, then will maybe try to sneak in a 20 miler before the marathon. I've done speed workouts here and there this spring, but not nearly as many as I would like. I'll try to get a few more in before the marathon. But really, just being a part of that beautiful marathon in my beloved state alongside my brother and Alex is going to be worth whatever time I end up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment