Thursday, November 3, 2011

My Embarrassingly Long Absence, Semi-Explained

In an attempt to explain my absence from the blogosphere, I will just say that running and blogging were forced to take the back burner for a brief time while I focused on other things in my life. Vague enough for you? That being said, I certainly did not stop running, even though I wasn't blogging about it. I had one of my most epic running experiences to date at Reach the Beach, a 200 mile relay from Cannon Mt. to Hampton Beach, NH. I was given the longest and arguably most difficult legs, and of course I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Running 10 miles, mostly up-hill, at 4 a.m., not having gotten any sleep, was one of the most grounding running experiences I've ever had. My final leg, an "easy" six miler at 1 p.m., still not having gotten any sleep, was one of the most difficult. I was overtired and seriously ready for the race to be over. The sleepless weekend led to a week of sickness, but I'm glad I did it and would do it again.

Since RTB, I've been training for a half-marathon which is going down THIS weekend in my beloved home state of Vermont. My boyfriend and I have been doing long runs on the weekends, and I've been doing hills and consistent running throughout. I still don't feel quite as prepared as I wish I were. I'm going to try to run it for fun and to get back into racing mode. After this I'll be thinking about Boston 2012, for which I'm registered! I was out running last week, and it was so beautiful out that I couldn't help but throw some speed into my workout. Running fast again felt so good. I feel really ready to get back into track workouts and see what new levels I can bring my running to this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment