Sunday, April 17, 2011

April 17 - 23

Sun - 8 miles with 5k race in 20:29
Mon - 0 miles - took a dramatic trip to the ER due to extreme dehydration
Tue - 0 miles, laid on the couch recovering
Wed - 0 miles, head still hurts and weak from not having eaten these past few days, hope to be back at it soon
Thur - 0 miles, really sick
Fri - 0 miles, still sick
Sat - 0 miles, still recovering
Total: 8

Overview: What a week. Sunday was an amazing day; I got a new PR, I hung out with new friends watching the elite mile races, I went to lunch with old friends, I was so happy and full of energy. Monday I found myself in the emergency room after my roommate called 911, having found me passed out in our apartment. The only remnants of my illness are a bump on my head from falling when I fainted, and a reminder to drink lots of fluids - especially fluids with electrolytes. I'm so glad to be feeling better after this week, and I'm ready to get back into my training. I'm going to do a long run this morning (Sun), and then I'm off on a cruise in Central America for 2 weeks, where I'll just have to make the treadmill my new best friend. When I get back I'll only have 3 weeks until the marathon. Eek, I'm starting to get nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment