Monday, November 23, 2015

These Moments

I was just reading old blog posts, and I like when I share running-related feelings, so I thought I'd share this: I've been really focused on my running goals lately: running Hyannis to get a Boston Qualifier, running my fastest marathon yet, getting the most out of my legs before I get too old, etc., but I'm also trying to remind myself not to get too caught up in it all. As I was running my Charlestown loop through the navy yard last week, I was in heaven. It was dark and I could see the lit-up Boston skyline in the distance, the calm black waters of the harbor rolled beside me, the wooden boardwalk gave slightly beneath my feet, I could smell those little bushes that make me feel like I'm on Martha's Vineyard, and I thought: Just do it for this. Don't do it for anything else but this.

No comments:

Post a Comment